SMDC SCHOOL FEES
- Class fees are payable by term and non refundable
- Fees are calculated on the total amount of hours taken weekly (calculated at a reducing hourly rate) and are invoiced by the term.
- Troupe and Private lesson fees are invoiced and calculated separately to standard class fees.
- We offer an "Early Bird" rate on fees if paid by the beginning of the following term, and are available to new students if paid by week 3 of commencing.
- Invoices are issued 2 weeks prior to the end of term to allow parents plenty of time to organise payment.
- Payments can be made by cash, cheque or direct bank deposit.
- Our direct debit details are listed on the invoices
- Everyone must follow the FEE STRUCTURE as set out in the South Melbourne Dance Centre.
- Fees should be paid by cheque and forwarded by post to PO Box 3055, Prahran East Vic 3181 or, if paying by cash, hand to the administrator or teacher in a sealed envelope, clearly marked with the student's name.
- "Early Bird Discounts" apply until the last day before the commencement of the next term ONLY.
- Everyone should accept that their child will be asked to leave the class if fees are not paid according to SMDC fee structure.
- Everyone should accept that SMDC will recover unpaid fees via a debt collector and/or VCAT.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL SMDC STUDENTS
- Attend classes regularly.
- Attend all classes leading up to an examination, competition or performance.
- Behave in a manner appropriate to a group learning environment.
- Show respect toward the teachers and other members of the group.
- Arrive before the start time for class.
- Be dressed in school uniform, ready at the commencement of class.
- Wear the correct school uniform.
- Be neatly groomed with shoulder length or longer hair tied back in a ponytail or bun.
- Jewellery should not be worn at class, concerts or in exams.
- Mobile phones are to be switched off while class is in progress and left in the student's dance bag.
STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE STUDIO WITHOUT
- A parent or carer; permission of a parent or carer; or the knowledge of a representative of South Melbourne Dance Centre.
- If another person is collecting a student in place of the carer, advice should be given to the representative of South Melbourne Dance Centre at the commencement of class.
- Standard Class Fees having been received by the school by week 3 of the current term.
- Illness includes child obesity and anorexia according to the Royal Children's Hospital guidelines.
- Children diagnosed with ADD must register this with the school to ensure an individual program can be put in place.
- Children with special needs are welcome, however a 'helper teacher' may be required for that child at an extra cost to the parent.
VIEWING OF CLASSES IS RESTRICTED TO
- A new student's first class.
- Open days where listed.
- Prospective students (prior arrangements must be made with the class teacher)
- Text/call the studio to arrange an appointment to discuss any issues that may arise, rather than approach the teacher during class time.
- Collect students promptly at the end of class.
- Smoking is not permitted in or around the studios.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
SMDC support the practices and protocols of our Child Protection Policy. This can be provided upon request
AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
At SMDC we offer two merit-based Awards for Excellence per year. These awards are announced at the end of each year and are credited to fees for the following year.
Awards for Excellence are not awarded to the same student two years in a row.
SMDC offers two Scholarships to students based on student's attitude and focus in class, attendance and grooming in class.
SMDC is concerned to ensure that no enrolled student is denied the opportunity to train due to financial constraints. We offer annual bursaries on the grounds of financial need. Bursary
applications are treated in confidence and allocation of funds depends on the number of applicants and funds available. Further details about bursaries, including the due date for application are
sent out upon request.
- SMDC requires students to wear a set uniform as part of the discipline and grooming of a dancer.
- Hair should be held back in a tight pony tail or bun to all classes.
- The colour of the uniform varies with the level of classes.
- Leotards for the younger classes are purchased through SMDC via order form.
- Uniforms for all other students can be purchased through Capezio and the SMDC 2nd Hand Uniform Shop:
296 Glenhuntly Road,
Ph: 5973 9411
(Dance Shoes and tights can also be purchased through Capezio)
SMDC 2nd Hand Uniform Shop
2nd hand uniform pieces can be sold and purchased via our shop.
SMDC DANCE JACKETS & SHORTS
Newly released jackets and shorts can be purchased through the school. Great for students to wear too and from classes and also at dance events to keep warm.